Monday, October 27, 2014

Hemingway

To me Ernest Hemingway was a great author and had many wonderful books and short stories that carried messages deep that it basically told his life story all in detail. I feel like his writings are so influential to me because he uses so much detail and describes things to an extent that it makes me feel like im actually there visualizing the story that hes telling. His movie told me alot about him pertaining to how he wrote and why he wrote in the sort of style that he did. His life seemed very hard and confusing the way that he and his family acted. Like the thought of my mom dressing me up as a girl would definitely cause me feelings to write about some things that demonstrated how i felt about that. And the role his father played in his life surely impacted him and also his fathers death because all of that impacted the way he chose to father his children which semmed kind of neglectful to me. But those are some of the things he chose to write stories about. What also threw me about him was how many women he had, married, or had affairs with. I dont see how you can go through it with that many women and still remain a leveled man, but he did and that also fueled his writing. All in all I feel that his life pioneered all of his writings and thats what made him the powerful writer he was, and thats what makes me so amazed about his stories when i read and analyze them.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your statement that Hemingway's life seemed confusing and how his past life influenced a lot of his writing. I really like how you explained this, especially using the word "pioneered". Good word choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I loved how you were very descriptive about Hemingways writing style and his life. I agree with everything you said and great job on really allowing the reader to understand what you were trying to say.

    ReplyDelete